[TenTec] Paragon II Memory Back-up

Phil Chambley, Sr. k4dpk at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 16:10:25 EDT 2005

I'm don't think it's as simple as changing a battery.  There is no battery
on the logic board that I can find.  It appears to be internal to the chip.
That's why I asked whether anyone had experience with powering up one of the
uPC pins to replace a dead cell, by rigging an outboard battery.  Otherwise,
it seems to me the uPC would need replacement.

Mine is still OK, too, Bob.  But according to the manual, the expected life
of the "microprocessor's internal power cell" is about up.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

73
Phil