[TenTec] Orion encoders

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Mon Aug 8 17:29:20 EDT 2005

Hi all:  A day or so ago some conversation ensued here regarding
encoders.  I reported that my Orion VFO B encoder had failed.
Replacement came today from Ten Tec, I installed it and all is again
well.  Was a 20 minute fix if you don't count running to the tool store
to buy a torx driver so I didn't have to use the little thing Ten Tec so
thoughtfully included with the Orion to remove all of those cover
screws.  Paid $1.98 for that tool and put it into the Orion parts bag
when I was finished.

 Every component chosen for use will have some failure rate.  First time
in my ham career that I have seen an optical encoder actually fail in
service.  Hope it is also the last.  73 bob de w9ge