[TenTec] Orion

W. E. Bailey ebailey at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 19 16:08:45 EDT 2005

Dick:

Here is a copy of the e-mail message that I sent to you yesterday.  Don't know if you got it or not.  Let me know if you are interested or if I can provide more information.

Ed
W2ED

Dick:

How does $2,750 sound to you and I pay shipping (FedEx Ground) and insurance.  (Includes custom cover and shipping in factory box.)

I arrived at that price by checking the new price from ten Tec on their remaining Orions now being built. That new price is $3,300.

Ten Tec has an Orion 565AT (with antenna tuner) available as a "demo" unit - it comes with 1 year warranty.  Their price is #3,419.  If I subtract $200 for no antenna tuner that would be $3,219. For comparison purposes we could say that IF Ten Tec had a demo unit with no antenna tuner it would be priced at about $3,200.

Thus the price of $2,750 is $450 to $550 less than the price of a demo or new unit from Ten Tec.

I also have the 302R remote tuning encoder that I would sell for $120. I have a 706 microphone that I would sell for $90.  I would sell the two of them for a total of $200.

Let me know what you think.

Ed
W2ED