[TenTec] RX340 Users?

Scott Walker n3sw at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 21 08:52:38 EDT 2005

Are you, as I am, somewhat disappointed that there seems to be no new features being released for this receiver?  I have emailed TT asking for a Noise Reduction feature similar to the one in the Omni VI but was told there is nothing in the pipeline.  Why should I have to use an outboard NR box when I own a state-of-the-art DSP-based and upgradeable receiver?  They even put two "Opt" buttons on the front panel for what I assume were anticipated enhancements, but...

Maybe if they got many requests, they would reconsider updating the feature set for the 340?  What would you like to see as new features?
-Scott N3SW