[TenTec] Scout Hiss

Phil Chambley, Sr. k4dpk at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 13:43:44 EDT 2005

Thanks Stuart and others who answered....

My good friend Don Prouty at T/T told me this morning that the cure involves
adding .001ufd to ground from pin 7 of the audio output chip U-5, which is a
TDA-2611, 9-pin SIP.  I passed this info to the owner of the Scout, who
immediately did the mod, and now reports a great improvement.

More of that GREAT TenTec service!  Thanks, guys.

Phil Chambley, Sr.
K4DPK
VFO Stabilizers and PEP adapters for wattmeters...Check out www.k4dpk.com