[TenTec] Fluctuating Power Out

ROBERT CARROLL w2wg at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 17:29:02 EST 2005

Quite a while back I called TenTec to ask about this.  I was told that due
to the digital nature of the set, it was normal to expect the power output
to fluctuate by about 5 watts and that this would not be detectable at a
receiving station. So I suppose on a 1kw signal you would see about a 50W
fluctuation.  I can see this at times on the bar graph power meter on an
Alpha 89 and have observed a damped version of the variation on a Coaxial
Dynamics meter.  I am annoyed by the fluctuation but try to ignore it.

Bob W2WG