[TenTec] Centurion

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sat Dec 10 02:32:42 EST 2005

Hi Henry,

>Centurion Gurus -

No, I'm not, but I'll venture to guess anyway.

>I heard
>a small pop -
>
>Resting plate current at first division - about 70 ma.
>Plate voltage only 2000 volts and transformer hum sounds like the supply is
>loaded heavily but showing only the 70 ma on the plate meter.

I wonder if a fault in the HV power supply rectifier or filter is
control system and bias supplies that come from other secondaries on
that transformer? Maybe that pop was a diode in the HV recifier going
bad, although I understand they usually make loud pops when they do that.

I would not recommend leaving it turned on for very long while it is
making the hum like heavily loaded.

DE N6KB