[TenTec] Jupiter selectivity

John Huffman hjohnc at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 12 17:15:07 EST 2005

I've had an Omni V and my other rig is a K2/100.  I tend to use the Pegasus most
and on CW.

The filters at the narrow bandwidths are not steep.  The 300hz filter looks like
it has about a 3 to 1 slope.  That said, the QSK on the Pegasus and the general
noise in the receiver makes it easy to listen to.

I tend to both ragchew and DX and when the band is crowded I use an external
audio filter to sharpen up the tight filters.  It is an audio filter so is still
subject to the AGC limits of the radio.

90% of the time it's a great CW rig.  5% of the time the audio filter cleans
things up.  For the last 5% you will be disappointed compared to the Omni V or
better.

73 de NA8M
John