[TenTec] Jupiter selectivity

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Mon Dec 12 22:27:26 EST 2005

Tips in what way?  I use mine on CW, SSB, AM and FM.  It is quite good on CW
and SSB as one would expect. As to AM it works nice, just adjust the power
in AM mode to 25 to 30 watts output, LSB, and run the mike gain where you
would for SSB.  This power level is just about correct for driving a
Centurion to legal AM limit of 375 watts carrier.  A scope on the output is
a big help in getting modulation set correctly.  As to FM, I find that I
need to advance the mike gain quite a bit to get good deviation.  I've not
used it with any computer control program or software so I can't comment.
As to CW, I use an external MFJ-406 keyer and Iambic paddle.  For external
DSP I find that the Timewave DSP-9+ is very adequate.

Clip the HAM  jumper on the processor board and enjoy 60 meters.

I did have an original Paragon which I purchased new in 1990.  I sold it a
year or so ago and purchased the Paragon II used from Tentec.  Filled it
with filters.  Also have a late model Omni VI Plus with a tummy full of
filters.  Great radio!

73
Bob, K4TAX