[TenTec] Only on the TT reflector

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 15:26:08 EST 2005

>  >But is it "worth" the $ 4K with the funky audio with an edge ?
>
> One casual "out of the box" comment about the audio, and here
> we go....

Exactly right.  That's all it was when I made the comment, about one
specific situation.  One observation, after having the radio out of the
carton for about an hour checking some of the things that were troublesome
in the original Orion when it was first delivered (I got that radio out of
the first batch shipped also).  It was not a generic comment on Orion-II
audio, which is superb.

It was just a comment on something I observed in my brief cruising around
modes and features, and menu items, comparing to my recollection of the
Orion, whatever.  Certainly nothing that should start the "is it worth
$4000" threads.  At least not until there's more than one data point, and
unlikely then either.

I suppose the best thing to do is to send any observed problems direct to
ditsnbits, and just "smile" on the list?  :-)

Grant/NQ5T