[TenTec] [Fwd: [ct-user] CT DOS with Ten-Tec Omni VI]

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sat Dec 17 17:41:53 EST 2005

Hi all,

I posted this question to the ct-user reflector. Some or all of it is
Ten-Tec specific questions, so I am posting here too.

When interfacing with my Omni VI, recording of the rig frequency by CT
is the most important part of the RS-232 communication for me.
Controlling the frequency of the rig from CT is much less important,
because I would rather turn knobs than push buttons. Even so, it would
be nice to have the control of the radio work a little more
conveniently.

When I enter a frequency into the callsign field in CT the
rig does go to that frequency and it also turns off whatever 6.3 MHz IF
filter selection I had made, and it turns off the N-1 9 MHz IF filter.
Strangely, if the N-2 9 MHz filter is selected, it does not turn that
off. Is there a way to edit the data stream sent to the radio by CT, so
that I can control the radio frequency without changing the filter settings?

More details: Only the receiving VFO frequency is changed if operating in
split mode. If transmitting nothing happens at all.

I cannot find any information in my Omni VI manual about RS-232 control
of filter selection. If the radio is not in CW mode the mode may be changed.
If in USB it will change to LSB. If in FSK it will change to CW on the second
new frequency command. If in FM mode is not changed.

DE N6KB