[TenTec] sdr'S

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Mon Dec 19 13:14:01 EST 2005

I find that all of these issues about software are quite
comical.........except to the folks that write the code and those that
de-bug the code and those under pressure to get it released.

I found one comment specially interesting and it was "you identify ALL of
the bugs and I'll tell you WHEN they will be fixed".  Professionally, in a
15 year span of time, I've never seen or used a package of code that didn't
have bugs.  Therefore, one must accept that fact that all software likely
has or will have bugs and they'll never be all fixed.  It boils down to a
fact of time vs. return on investment.  Somewhere along the timeline someone
or some group must determine when the orange is ripe, pick it and send it to
the market.  The time it takes to get to the market will determine if it is
green or over ripe or perhaps simply rotten.

Welcome to the world of SDR's (and other devices too), get used to the fact
that there will be software issues.  Some more, some less.  Accept the fact
that you must respectfully deal with them.  Otherwise, one simply goes nuts.

73
Bob, K4TAX