[TenTec] Orion....Best Headphones?

Barry Gross barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:44:51 EST 2005

>I have several pairs of Sony MDR - 7506 headphones.
> >Much better than any Heil, AKG, Sennheiser, Shure or Koss headphones
> >that I have also tried with the Orion.

Fit is an important consideration.  I originally used the Sony's in a pro
studio and liked them.  However, when I brought them into the shack  I found
them to eventually be uncomfortable (dug into my ears) during marathon
contest sessions.  I find the Sennheiser HD580 and Heil ProSet much more
comfortable for my ears during long listening sessions.  The sound of the
Sennheiser is exceptional but they are not isolating.  The Heil is isolating
and sounds decent, but of relatively shoddy construction when compared to
the better $100+ phones out there.

73, Barry N1EU