[TenTec] O2 Birthday

Stephen M. Shearer wb3lgc at verizon.net
Fri Dec 23 22:12:32 EST 2005

I never saw an email from tentec or it got lost in the mass of messages...

But, today the ring at the door at lunch was the UPS man with a box from
TenTec...  Great birthday present for me.  My YL (KB3FMT) said "baby" is
home.  I don't think I ordered until September, but I don't remember if it
was beginning or end.  I am not sure where I put the order email - I didn't
look too hard.

Now I need to get ARRL to pay for it as the O1 was damaged back in July with
lightning (shouldn't be a problem).

A few power connections and some work on the microphone connector and all
was up and working.  It was also a test of the microphone as it was
connected during the lightning, too.  The pod works ok, too.

Sure beats the ic-706mkIIg I have been using as my base station.  It can go
back to portable on scout trips.

I did see the s meter hang up and the sweep go away (for no reason?) at one
time.  With a power down/up all was fixed and it has been ok for a few hours
without any more problems.

73, Steve WB3LGC