[TenTec] Initial comments about ORION II

Ron ron at morell.us
Fri Dec 23 18:06:39 EST 2005

My ORION II arrived yesterday and 15 seconds later it was out of the box and
on the air.  I tried it out for several hours yesterday and set it up in all
the configurations that caused problems with the ORION.  It did not develop
any anomalies that I could detect.  As I currently operate this radio, it is
flawless.  I've operated binaural CW with sweep on at the different levels,
I've operated CW and PSK, while listening to AM broadcast radio on receiver
B with the sweep on, and a variety of other settings that have caused the
ORION running the latest version 1.3 software to either stop transmitting,
or stop receiving on Receiver B.

It is a little disappointing, that I'm not yet challenged with software
anomalies whilst operating the O2.  Maybe someone would enlighten me and
tell me what parameters are needed to create a fault in this version of
software?  Perhaps if I read the manual, and consider the instruction there,
I'll find a way to create a fault.

I really like this radio and wish all on the reflector and all the folks at
Ten Tec a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!  And thanks for building
this great radio.
73
Ron  KA7U