[TenTec] Ten-Tec 706 Microphone

John K Gotwals john at gotwals.com
Mon Dec 26 13:43:04 EST 2005

I purchased a demo 706 mike from Ten-Tec to use with my Orion, and after a
week or two of operation I had to return it because the VOX and PTT buttons
had suddenly become unreliable in operation. The mike was returned promptly
to me with a note stating that both microswitches had been replaced.

The mike worked fine for another week or so and then with no warning the
mike itself went dead, although the switches still worked fine. The mike was
sent back to Ten-Tec and again was returned promptly with a note that the
81961 mic amp board had been replaced. The mike worked ok, but at this point
I began to wonder if RF in my shack was getting into the mike and destroying
components. I am glad to report that the mike has worked flawlessly now for
several months, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I should state that all work at Ten-Tec was performed under warranty.

John, N9JG