[TenTec] OII cControl

Barry LaZar k3ndm at verizon.net
Tue Dec 27 11:09:43 EST 2005

     I have spent a very enjoyable weekend playing with my new Orion II running CW and SSB. I've received PSK-31, rtty, and MFSK. I guess there's no surprise about how well this worked.
     However, I want to try my hand at HF ALE. This will require that my computer control what frequency the OII is tuned to, meaning what band. There are a number of pre-determined frequencies that are listed on the HFpack site. The software package is from Charles Brain in the U.K. It's PCALE. There are a number of radios listed that the software is able to control, but none of the popular Tentec radios. Does anyone know whether TT has used the control sequences from another radio such as ICOM or Kenwood and if so which one? Thanks.

Barry
K3NDM