[TenTec] Orion II - Initial Reactions and Impressions

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 28 12:10:34 EST 2005

NA5Q wrote:

 >One problem I have noticed is the S Meter is not calibrated
properly. All signals that should be S9 read 20+ db.

and then wrote:

 >Mike, thanks for that bit of wisdom. With the PreAmp off, registered just a
hair over S9, good enough!

         There is still a problem.  The Preamp has 12 dB
gain...not 20+ dB gain.  Both O2 and Orion/V2 appear
to have non-linear meter response on either side of S9,
although S9 itself is close to the correct value of 50 uV.
I'm sure this will be corrected in a future update.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV