[TenTec] Headphones

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Thu Dec 29 12:01:53 EST 2005

Well I can't let this go by!

The aviation earphones ARE excellent - I have 2 sets of David Clarks.  One
set includes the mic boom (H10-30) and I've replaced the noise cancelling
mic (excellent mic for a noisy aircraft but horrible for ham radio) with a
Radio Shack electret.  This set-up is used with my Argo V and when I operate
as a net control station on an 80 metre net.

The second pair (H10S-DC) are a set of David Clark stereo earphones (no boom
mic).  I use these with my Orion.

In both cases the ear phones are good quality and, as predicted, they block
out lots of shack noise.  They're so good the dog can see a squirrel and I
FEEL the vibration from her announcement, I don't hear it.

These earphones are also a reasonable impedance for Ten-Tec equipment.  The
H10-30 are 300 ohm and the H10S-DC are 30 ohms.

The H10-30 are very common on the used market.  The stereo H10S is somewhat
less common.

73,

Rick
VE7TK