[TenTec] Argo V mod and V 1.08

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Tue Feb 1 19:31:24 EST 2005

Well Vince here's what I've gleaned about 1.08 over the last 2 plus months.
The factory has indicated to me that the mod works in conjunction with the
firmware upgrade.  That said, the mic gain is significantly less "touchy"
after the mod even with firmware 1.07.

My guess is that the main impact of firmware 1.08 will be on the low power
output side.  Those using 1.08 indicate that they can get the output down to
1 watt on all bands (this is an issue with the current hardware/firmware
configuration).  T-T may also have "tweaked" the speech processor algorithm
to improve it.  But I'm just guessing --- and hoping.

I hope this helps.

73,

Rick
VE7TK