[TenTec] firmware update issues please save

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 19:05:13 EST 2005

> Why don't you run for PRESIDENT of the USA???

Temper, temper, guys :-)

There were some problems with the early 16-bit version of Update.exe on XP.
Those went away when the 32-bit version was released.

I think most of the current problems people have are related to Windows
configuration issues.  The variety of possible problems there (not the least
of which is that XP does not provide the best RS-232/async support) will
likely make it cumbersome to cover every eventuality in the radio's manual.

Since I wired the radio room as USB and started using USB/RS-232 converters
I've had no problems.

Grant/NQ5T