[TenTec] Re: Paragon 585 again

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Feb 6 17:11:22 EST 2005

Ed, it sounds like you were using an MFJ antenna switch!

It's best to only use switches which ground all positions not being used.
I threw my MFJ switches out.  I didn't have the heart to sell them or even
give them to someone because they are too dangerous.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Edward A. Feustel
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 12:12 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Paragon 585 again

Paul,

I killed my diodes by using another transmitter with an antenna switch
to select between the two.
A little to much RF will take them out every time. Or a nearby lightning
miss will do it as well.
Now I always disconnect the rig from the antenna when I am not using
it.. It would even be
better if I grounded the input.

At least you can fix it yourself!

Ed, N5EI