[TenTec] TT (Orion) Future improvements!!!

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sun Feb 13 19:15:03 EST 2005

Hi Bernard,

And I think we are hitting on the issues that make it very difficult
for a (any) manufacturer to produce a product, i.e., differences of
opinion.

I vaguely recall Ten Tec did an on-line survey a long time ago about
the color/non-color screen verses the cost factor, I don't know
their results, but at least they ASKED!  The unfortunate truth is
changing to a color display probably is significantly more
cost-involved that simply swapping the monitor. But the current
spectrum sweep performance is poor, regardless of what color it is
viewed with. While I think the cabinet looks excellent as it is, the
black-on-black lettering thing is pretty silly. I personally will
always go with performance, meaning hardware AND firmware, before
the color display and/or the cabinet, in terms of importance.

Tom - W4BQF