[TenTec] 1000 Hz/9.0 MHz filters for TT

Douglas G. Bonett dgbonett at iastate.edu
Sun Feb 13 14:58:11 EST 2005

Maybe you should consider the Inrad #763 which sells for just $80.
This 4-pole filter is 600 Hz wide and centered at 9.00075 MHz. I
ordered one for my OMNI D to replace the 1.8 kHz filter. I never
use the 1.8 as a narrow ssb filter but only as a (too) wide CW filter.
The insertion loss of the #763 is about the same as the 1.8, and I
hope it will work well as a wide CW filter in the 1.8 slot. The next
batch of #763s should ship by the end of this month. I will report back
when I get mine and assess its usefulness as a wide CW filter in the
1.8 slot of my OMNI D.

Doug N0HH