[TenTec] MW AM Reception on the Orion

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sun Feb 13 17:50:05 EST 2005

Yesterday morning, I wanted to listen to a local AM broadcast (820 kHz)
station on the Orion while I did some work in the shack. No matter what I
did, I couldn't get the Orion sounding very good.  The audio was "raspy." I
don't do a lot of AM broadcast listening with the Orion, but I seem to
remember that in the past it had excellent fidelity.  Is this something that
has changed in version 1.372?  The signal was plenty strong enough (3/4
scale on the sub-receiver S-meter). Reception on a portable radio with a
built in antenna was just fine (and was what I ended up doing).

73,
Mark