[TenTec] TT (Orion) Future improvements!!!

Ron Notarius wn3vaw at verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 00:57:07 EST 2005

Speaking of throwing more petroleum on the inferno, here's another one to
consider:

Last October, I joined K3VX, W3WH and W3RJM in operating two portable
stations during the Pa QSO Party, N3SH & W3WH/QRP.  The two stations were in
adjacent cabins in a state park.  Due to circumstance to lengthy to go into,
some of the wire antennas overlapped each other, and they were all in pretty
close proximity.

Larry, Bob & I took turns at N3SH, running an IC-706 at 100 W.  Bill ran
W3WH/QRP SO using a Ten Tec Argonaut V (516) cranked down around 5 W or so.
I don't think we were ever on the same band at the same time, but often
adjacent bands (20 & 40, 40 & 80, or 80 & 160 during my few hours)

Now:  every time I sat at the rig, if Bill transmitted, I knew it.
Sometimes it was near impossible copy, but mostly I could work around it...
too many Field Days under my belt, so I was used to it.

Almost every time I transmitted, Bill was unaware of it.  Never heard me.
No clicks, no front end overload, no de-sense.

Now... of the two, which rig do you think I want to get my hands on?  (OK,
trick question, I'd take the first one offered to me, but which do you think
I'd PREFER to get my hands on?)