[TenTec] Re: n1mm/microham/orion

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Mon Feb 14 08:06:21 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/11/2005 12:07:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rwwhite at sbcglobal.net writes:

I found  that I
had to change a setting on the Orion menu system under
CW Jack  PTT I think that I had to change it to read
none (I am at work and am going  on memory).

YES!  That fixed my problem with the PTT staying on and "drowning out"  the
CW.  I had to change the Orion's "PTT in CW mode" (found in the CW  MENU) to
NONE when I use N1MM.  This is a menu item added in the latest  firmware upgrade
from TenTec and I forgot about it.  For some reason, this  is not an issue
with DXLAB.

Another trick I remembered is that when I switch from DXLAB to N1MM, I need
to turn off the Microkeyer and shut down the computer, then turn on the
Microkeyer and restart the computer -- in that order.  If I don't, the  ports don't
always get initialized properly.  This doesn't always happen  but I offer it
to the List as something to try if you are having trouble.

Making settings in the logging program, the Microkeyer and the rig really
complicate setup but they all have to work together or it can be very
frustrating.

Radio  k4ia
"Buck"
Fredericksburg, VA USA