[TenTec] New Rig Suggestion

Carter Grabarczyk k8vt at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 15 08:27:42 EST 2005

Mark Erbaugh wrote:

>  I don't know if the numbers would work out, but wouldn't it be
>  fantastic if a new ham could get on the air with a new basic rig and
>  antenna for under $500?

Mark,

You would like AM (which is sort of a "specialty" mode today), a
computer interface, a built-in keyer, built-in antenna tuner (wide range
yet), four crystal or mechanical filters (even my Omni 6 didn't come
with that many as standard) and a general coverage receiver. *Including*
the antenna? For *under* $500?

Nice rig but I guess we will have to agree to disagree that your
definition of "basic" is waaaay different than my definition of basic...

 ;-)

73,
Carter K8VT