Fw: [TenTec] Ten Tec Vee Beam?

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 15 16:39:37 EST 2005

Caity,
I do not have a large lot:  65 X 108 feet.  But that gives me a diagonal of
126 feet You might try the diagonal measure of your lot and see if you can
fit the 50 foot sides into that diagonal space with a narrow angle.  Maybe
get neighbor's permission to tie off in their trees 10 feet up.

Our FD Vee beams on a football field were about ideal at 40 degrees between
the legs, however, you could go to 20 degrees and it would still work.

The vee beam is so flexible that various angles and leg lengths can be used.
The maximum length needs to be 1 wave to have gain at that band, but shorter
legs can be used for higher bands gain, and inverted Vee performance at the
low bands.  Ladder line feeding instead of coax lets you use whatever you
have in space and the tuner takes care of the matching.

-Stuart
K5KVH