Fw: [TenTec] Ten Tec Vee Beam?

Caitlyn M. Martin mizuhoradio at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 18:59:06 EST 2005

--- ron <roncasa at verizon.net> wrote:

> I believe if you raise the height, The antenna will
> take up less than 50
> feet.

Let me define tiny.  12-13' wide.  On a steep, steep
hill.  House built on three levels (I have half a
duplex) all in the height and length.  A large deck
out back and a small backyard below it.  That's it.

Also, raising the height is problematic at best.  The
high part of the property is at the front where the
house is.  My tall tree at the bottom of the backyard
comes to the height of my middle story window, which
means it's lower than the shack upstairs.

Like I said, verticals make a lot of sense where I am.

The good news:  I am way up high and have a panoramic
view.  VHF beams are small.  You get the picture :)

72/73,
Caity
K7VO/8

=====
Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637