[TenTec] Thanks but my antennas are fine :)

Caitlyn M. Martin mizuhoradio at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 19:58:44 EST 2005

Hi, everyone,

My comment was a sarcastic jab at the "only" before
the 50 foot measurement on the Ten Tec website.  My
antennas are fine right now.  I use a Mini Multi HT-3
vertical on 10/15/20 (and with a tuner on 12) and an
end fed random wire and counterpoise that tune up well
on 30 and 40.

17 is my only problem child at the moment and I tend
to blame the cheap and nasty MFJ tuner I was using.  A
better quality tuner plus getting the wire a bit
higher of the ground should solve the 17m issue.  I
may also have to tweak the length a little.  I haven't
given 60, 80, or 160 any serious thought... yet.

On 6m above my height and long, long view to the
horizon actally give ame an enviable station except to
the northeast where I am blocked by the top of the
hill.  I can live with that.

What's small to some is just too large to others :)

72/73,
Caity
K7VO/8

=====
Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637