[TenTec] Good faith & John Swisher KE4CCI (long)

James Duffer dufferjames at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 09:09:10 EST 2005

snip.
Well at ga hamfest 3 months later traded for plus cash for a kenwood
ts850sat. It was gaurenteeeed to be top notch. Just been to kenwood for
realinement. You know the deal. 2 Days later at home it quit.
snip.

Would it made a difference if it had quit two weeks, or two months later?
If you would of tested it at the fest, would that made a difference?

This reminds me of an incident occuring in Germany.  A Major Birch tried to
make me guarentee that an AN/GRC-46 would work when we went to Ogau (I was
stationed in Lenggries).  He was specifically concerned about the
transmitter T-195.  I explained that I could test it at Lenggries and only
state that it was working.  I couldn't guarentted that it would work further
down the road.  This wasn't good enough, so he ordered a new (or rebuilt)
T-195 from the Pirmaseans Depot in France.  You guessed it, it started
blowing smoke out of the exhaust blower vents when turned on.

Wold you guarentee a light bulb to work two days later?  More than likely it
would, but there is also a chance it won't.  Electronics systems are subject
to failures of all sorts.  The best way to deal with it is to go for
redundency.

m2cw

73, wd4air