[TenTec] Fw: OMNI SIX PLUS problem with carrier on SSB

Linda dlrwild1 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 15 12:33:35 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda
To: tentec at mailman.qth.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:22 PM
Subject: OMNI SIX PLUS problem with carrier on SSB

To all on the Ten Tec Reflector:

Re: carrier on SSB signal

Has anyone had any problems with the carrier adjustment on an OMNI SIX PLUS with all the Ten Tec stock audio filters (no INRAD audio filters) installed (all five slots with TT filters).

I was on LSB (40 meters) this morning. I fellow ham broke in to my QSO to tell me that I had a strong carrier on one side of my SSB signal. He said is was around S1 with no audio (I was holding down the mic button with no modulation).

Is there an easy adjustment or fix for this problem? I was told there were null adjustments on the TX audio board, R3 and R4. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Bob Wilderman, K3SRO
dlrwild1 at comcast.net