[TenTec] telephone calling 911

Bob & Patricia bobsw4 at cox.net
Fri Feb 18 10:32:37 EST 2005

    I have had a strange thing happen on 3 different occasions spaced several weeks apart, always when on 80 meters and always at night (I don't know if it could happen on other bands  or times, but it hasn't so far). It doesn't happen all the time just those 3 times, and I'm on about every evening.

     I am running either a ten tec corsair 2 or a Collins kwm2a ( it has happened with both rigs) and a Henry 1kd5 @ 700 watts to an inverted vee which is located about 20 feet from and running roughly parallel to, but above the incoming phone line.

    What happens is I get a call (or visit) from the police saying that a 911 hang up call was received from my phone # and that when they try to call back they get a loud and garbled sound. My telephones are all cordless and I have one slave set in the shack which sometimes beeps when I'm tuning up the Henry. I have no active phone lines running to the shack...I do have some rfi on the phones when I'm xmting..none on the cell phones...anyone have any ideas about how to fix the problem??? Not a very good situation as sooner or later the 911 service is going to request that I discontinue!

Pse help. 73, de Bob, K9ING