[TenTec] {Collins} telephone calling 911

Roy Morgan roy.morgan at nist.gov
Fri Feb 18 13:27:59 EST 2005

At 10:32 AM 2/18/2005, Bob & Patricia wrote:
>     I have had a strange thing happen... I get a call (or visit) from the
> police saying that a 911 hang up call was received from my phone #

Bob,

1) a) Make an arrangement to unhook all your phones in the house while you
are operating.
     b)  See if your portable phones have a way to one-touch dial 911, and
if it can be disabled.  Your RF may (likely is) activating that "feature"
and dialing for you.

2) Get and read the ARRL book on Radio Frequency Interference.
The ARRL RFI Book -- Practical Cures for Radio Frequency Interference.
(ISBN: 0-87259-683-4) #6834 -- $24.95
<http://www.arrl.org/catalog/?item=6834>

3) Order some capacitors and inductors to make up filters/bypass circuits
as the handbook advises.

4) Install devices as needed.

5) Maybe: get a new set of portable phones.

We have portable phones at our house (2.4 gHz?) and so I'm eager to find
out what solves your problem (before I go QRO).

Roy

- Roy Morgan, K1LKY since 1959 - Keep 'em Glowing!
7130 Panorama Drive, Derwood MD 20855
Home: 301-330-8828 Cell 301-928-7794
Work: Voice: 301-975-3254,  Fax: 301-948-6213
roy.morgan at nist.gov --