[TenTec] New Rig Suggestion

gil gpita at patmedia.net
Sat Feb 19 11:17:58 EST 2005

a new ham could get on the air with a new basic rig and antenna for under

You "CAN" get on the air with less than $500. even less....if do without bells and whistles.

There are used rigs you can get like a TT Triton 540 a very nice CW and SSB rig that can be purchased for about $150. and many other used fine rigs for around $300. with a few more features. Antennas....how expensive is wire? And add a few more bucks for a tuner and a keyer and you're all set.

Gil