[TenTec] mystery Ten-Tec Omni

Ira Franklin k4ymq at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 12:46:21 EST 2005

No Mike, I was not suggesting any such thing, mearly stating that I had used rig on 18mz. I'm going to check and see if or what spurious sigs are there. I know I have heard them on that band and let others know about them.  Ira

Mike Hyder -N4NT- <mike.hyder.n4nt at charter.net> wrote:Hi, Ira-

You no doubt had problems. That you were unaware of them doesn't lessen
them. One is seldom bothered by his own spurious emissions. The question
is: had you known of the propensity of the Omni to spew the spurs, would
you have continued to use it on 18 MHz since you "never had any problems"?
Are you suggesting to Scott that he use an Omni B or C on 18 MHz because you
"never had any problems"?

73, Mike N4NT