[TenTec] Pegasus/Jupe Band Scope Questn

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 22 21:34:25 EST 2005

Steve,

I experimented with this a lot in developing the software.  The limiting
factor is the speed of the AGC.  If I run the sweep faster, the AGC does not
change quickly enough to give any decent resolution.  The program has a loop
that goes ike this:

1) Set a frequency
2) read S meter
3) plot a point on the graph
4) Go to step 1

If you do this too fast, the returned S meter reading does not change enough
from the previous reading for good resolution.  I hope this explanation is
clear.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC