[TenTec] Orion Tuner - Answers from LDG

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Feb 24 10:46:50 EST 2005

It's not always an advantage to have the tuner inline for RX.

Example: your antenna is resonant, but your amplifier has a poor SWR input.
You need the tuner for TX but when in RX, it actually mismatches the
impedance.

The best case would be the ability to select if the tuner is on for RX, TX,
or both.  This will probably never happen but it would be nice.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Bill Tippett
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:37 AM
To: pvrc at mailman.qth.net; tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Tuner - Answers from LDG

I wrote:

Hi Dwayne,

          I don't currently use a tuner in my Orion since all my
antennas are resonant and I normally use an amp anyway.
However I "might" be interested, primarily for receiver IP2
reasons.  I have a couple of questions:

1.  Is the tuner inline for RX as well as TX?
2.  Can it be enabled for either ANT 1 or ANT 2?

                                  73,  Bill  W4ZV

Answers from Dwayne <ldg at ldgelectronics.com> :

1.  Yes.
2.  No, wired for ANT 1 (just like Ten-Tec's tuner).