[TenTec] New LDG Tuners for Jupiter and Orion

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Feb 23 16:51:57 EST 2005

> I'm curious how they can get the Orion firmware to address the different
> memories.  Maybe it's automatic, and frequency dependent.  We'll see.
> Anyway, the info is not up on the web site yet.

The way the upgrade to the AT-11MP works is pretty slick. It remembers any
setting of relays for which it found a match (I assume in some sort of FIFO
buffer -so that as it remembers a new setting, it forgets the oldest one).
Then the next time it tries to tune, it tries the remembered combinations
first. It doesn't care what the frequency is, it just tries all the
remembered combinations looking for a match before it resorts to trying all
possible combinations.

I suspect that the Orion firmware won't know anything about the LDG tuner,
other than to pass it a "tune" command, for which the LDG tuner will
impersonate the Orion tuner, just like other LDG tuners work directly with
some Icom radios.

73,
Mark