[TenTec] New LDG Tuners for Jupiter and Orion

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Feb 23 17:44:54 EST 2005

> I had a "internal antenna tuner" installed in my ORION
> when I bought it a month ago.  But what I'm wondering
> is why the CHATTER in the relay while it's going thru
> the AUTO-TUNE process??? I also have a IC-756PRO with
> internal antenna tuner and it's "whisper-quiet"!!!

I can hear the relays chattering on my Icom 746 Pro when I first turn it on,
but they are much quieter than I remember from my tuner'ed Orion. I have
noticed that my 746 Pro seems to 'remember' the tuning settings for a given
frequency.  When I change from 80 to 40 (or 160), the rig appears to be
tuned instantly and I don't hear any relay activity.

73,
Mark