[TenTec] ORION CW question

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 26 09:51:25 EST 2005

K6XK:
 >That is normal. It's a small antenna change-over relay sound. When you
get older you won't notice it. In the mean time, I wear headphones.

         That sound is from a reed relay.  The sound is nearly identical
to the sound my 1984 vintage TS-930S makes when set for QSK since it
also uses a reed relay.  Frankly I never noticed it until someone
mentioned it since I use always headphones on CW (SSB too).

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV