[TenTec] Omni VI confusion again

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Sun Jan 9 16:41:27 EST 2005

Wow this is an oldie. The Omni VI was model 563. The Omni VI+ was model 564.
Putting option 3 on a 563 makes it act just like a 564 but it is still a 563
with option 3 upgrade.
Pretend that the only difference between a Mustang and a Mustang GT is that
the GT has a V8. Take the 6 banger out of the Mustang, slap in a V8 and you
now have the same thing as a GT but it's still a Mustang with a V8. Is the
GT better? No. Is the GT worth more? Yes. Why? Because it's a GT.
Now as for those Omni VI+ batteries. Leaving the power supply turned on has
nothing to do with batteries lasting longer.

Steve N4LQ