[TenTec] New roofing filter in Omni VI- Opt. 1

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Wed Jan 12 11:45:25 EST 2005

As I grow older my ability to differentiate signal from noise is
changing in different frequency bands.  Though it takes more
concentration, I find now (I turned 50 last year) that I often listen
below 500 Hz whenever I can.  I can use the 600 Hz offset OK, but it
doesn't work well for me if the signal is weak and next to the noise.

In fact, I find that during long CW QSO's, I like to have the RIT
engaged so that I can vary the tone I listen to, it seems to keep my
concentration up.  I don't go above 600 Hz very much, just occasionally
for a change.  It is just plain hard on my ears :-)

Clark
WA3JPG