[TenTec] N1eu Orion static Redux!

Lee Crocker w9oy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 08:19:12 EST 2005

My experience is that for CW the hang time set to zero
will eliminate the problem of a character element
being deleted due to a static burst.  I have also been
playing with the decay v threshold with the new RF/AGC
control and find that setting the decay to just below
the point of noise clipping is a useful adjustment on
very weak signals.  I have programmed prog1 prog2 fast
and off in N4PY to give consecutively greater decays
and it does help in some instances on a QRN laden
band.

73 W9OY