[TenTec] INRAD Omni VI roofing filter kit - success

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Jan 14 13:38:50 EST 2005

Hi Rick,

Yes I understand where that Inrad mod puts the new roofing filter. I
guess what I did not understand is that with only one NAR button on the
Omni VI (non version 3 or Plus) you sort of have to leave out the
"regular" narrow 9 MHz optional filter. ... Now I get it. I still wonder
whether Jason ever had a narrow filter in the normal 9 MHz IF optional
narrow filter position, and how the performance amongst 40 meter SWBC
stations and strong amatuer signals compared with the new mod and the
filter earlier on in the IF. His post sounded to me like he had never
had a filter in the regular narrow slot, and went straight to the Inrad
mod. I guess I may have read somthing into his post that wasn't really
there.

DE N6KB