[TenTec] FS: Omni VI option 3

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri Jan 14 16:49:31 EST 2005

This was previously listed but received no response, so I'm reworking
the offering

You can help stop Omni VI abuse.

Now that I have an Orion, my Omni VI (option 3) is languishing on the
shelf in its box.  One of my weekend QSO's mentioned that I needed to
liberate it, so I'm putting it up for sale to a good home where it can
be used.

It is of 1992 vintage originally. It was back to the factory for
the Option 3 upgrade. I purchased it in early 2002. There were
some immediate problems with it and the seller agreed to pay for a trip
(for the radio) to Sevierville, which was done in March, 2002. While it
was there, I had TT go through it and do a standard alignment and
checkout - which it passed (of course).

Cosmetically, I'd give it an 8 or 9 (out of 10). There are no scratches,
it just looks like a well preserved 15 year old radio.

Electrically, it's a 9. The only thing I have noticed is that the FSK
RTTY shift is a little off. Looking at the transmitted signal with
another receiver and computer, it looks like the shift is only about 130
Hz. This hasn't caused any problems in being copied by others.  The
manual has instructions on how to realign these frequencies, but I
haven't done that as it requires a frequency counter, which I don't
have.

I'd like $1250 plus shipping costs.

The unit will come with box, DC power cord, original Omni VI manual with Option 3 addendum
and an Omni VI+ manual.

I have a lot of accessories. Those will be offered to the purchaser of the radio first. If
any are left after the radio sells, I'll offer them here on the reflector.

73,
Mark, N8ME