[TenTec] Omni V N4PY CPU Upgrade

w9qp at comcast.net w9qp at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 23:34:11 EST 2005

I am debating if I should made the mod changes to my Omni V which I purchased used a few weeks ago. Does this mod make that much of a difference in it's day to day operation, is it something I can't live without? I did purchase the CPU upgrade and I guess a little push from someone who has implemented this change is what I need.

I want to keep the rig looking like a factory unit so I was wondering if someone would know how to get hold of the new push buttons required for the mod, "Enter", "Shift" and "Clear". I called Ten Tec and they don't have any.

Thanks ahead of time for your comments and suggestions.

John W9QP