[TenTec] orion operation issues

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Sat Jan 15 12:27:21 EST 2005

Yes, a book on how to operate would be nice for new hams but how to make
it inclusive for the Orion would be a difficult task.

I had a new ham in the shack yesterday and spent a few minutes showing
him how to properly tune an ssb signal.  Mentoring, or Elmering if you
prefer is still the best way, book or no book.  Same applies to the
learning curve of Orion.  Us old timers have forgotten so much it is
sometimes difficult to relate to some basic questions.  It is so
intuitive to us that we forget it does not always make sense to the
newcomer.  Patience helps, by both parties.  73 bob de w9ge