[TenTec] Jupiter , Argo V, Orion

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 11:44:37 EST 2005

Anyone compare the Jupiter to the Argonaut V for
casual CW? I like the analog S-meter, wonder if the
rest of the receiver is up to Jupiters enjoyment of
use (ignoring N4PY aspects).

Also wondering if anyone can rate the Orion
sub-reciever to Jupiter - are they both of similar
richness of features, tuning, and audio quality for
SSB and CW or does the Orion do it better?

>>>What didn't come out in his post is that the
Jupiter is a lovely rig to operate.  I've owned or at
least used just about every rig that was ever on the
market, including owning several OMNIs (old and new
series) and two Orions.

My favorite rig outside of a contest is the Jupiter.